What is it?
There is so much to do on the Island and this is one event you don’t want to miss! The Galveston Shrimp Festival is a festival that features
- cook offs
- a gumbo stroll along with music, friends and fun!!
- gumbo tasting
- Live music
There is something for everyone in your family whether you love shrimp or not! 🙂
When is it?
The Galveston Shrimp Festival begins on Friday, Sept 28 -Saturday, Sept. 29
- Friday, September 28, 2018-
7:30- 10 PM= VIP party with open bar, fried shrimp dinner and live music
- Saturday, September 29,2018-
9AM= Official Galveston Shrimp Festival
10AM= Vendors Open Downtown
11AM= Information Booth Opens
12PM= Live Music
12-4PM= Strand Merchant Walk-About and Public Gumbo Tasting
3PM= Lil Shrimps Parade
6PM= Awards Ceremony
9PM= Event Area Closes
How Can I Buy Tickets:
The festival itself is free to the public., but if you want to taste some of the delicious Gumbo, you must buy tickets in advance. To buy tickets click here There is a multitude options for tickets depending on your preference.
What are the Ticket Options?
- Gumbo Stroll Ticket-$15- You get to sample gumbo from amazingly talented cook teams
- Shrimp Dinner Ticket-$20- With this ticket you get do enjoy a nicely cooked shrimp dinner with a 16-ounce beer included
- Gumbo Stroll+5K Run Ticket-$46 to $66- Eat and Run!!
- VIP Sponsor Party Ticket-$50- Enjoy a Texas sized dinner, an open bar, and live music
Also note, that The UTMB Justin Hughes Fund and the Resource Crisis Center of Galveston County are the beneficiaries of this year’s Shrimp Festival.