Pier 21 is a dining and entertainment area located on Galveston’s Historic Harbor in the Historic Strand Seaport Are on the far east side of the Island.
Pier 21 offers a multitude of attractions like museums and boat rides, and restaurants, perfect for a day with the family.
Museums and Attractions
- Pier 21 Theater– The Pier 21 Theater is a friendly theater that offers 3 different documentary films of the history of Galveston. At the theater you can watch:
- The Great Storm, which is a 27-minute documentary that tells the story of the deadliest natural disaster in the history of the United States.
- You could also watch Pirate Island which is about Jean Laffite who called Galveston home for three years.
- The last documentary you could possibly watch is Galveston- Gateway on the Gulf, which is a 56-minute documentary on immigration and gives history on how Galveston as a port of entry for over 130,000 immigrants.
- Ocean Star Offshore Rig Museum– People get the opportunity to see a real retired jacked up drilling rig. The museum shows the story of oil and gas from exploration to production. The museum has 3 floors of models and interactive displays that illustrates the story of oil and gas.
- Texas Seaport Museum– This museum is located in the historic port of Galveston and it tells about the story of immigration In Galveston. Visitors of the museum can look for ancestors using the computer database, which contains the names of all 133,000 immigrants who entered the United States through Galveston.
Boat Tours and Rides
- Galveston Water Adventures– Jet Boat- This will give participants a thrill ride in the nice, Texas sun. It will give people a chance to experience the Hamilton Spin (rotates boat 360 degrees on its axis throwing a wall of water in the air), and the thrill of sharp angle turns and more. It would be the ride of your life.
- Galveston Water Adventures- Sunset Cruise- This is a 1-2-hour tour of a sunset tour of Galveston’s Harbor. People are even allowed to bring wine or champagne on the boat with them if they would like to. This would be a perfect date or would be fun to go with a group of friends.
- Galveston Water Adventures– Eco Tour_ On this cruise, you will get to see birds and a lot of marine life. They are also usually able to get a close view of playful dolphins.
- Baywatch Dolphin Tours– The boat offers a covered interior and is considered a dolphin-safe tour boat. This tour offers 45 minutes that allows guests to view the dolphins in their natural habitat.
- 1877 Tall Ship Elissa– On this tour, you can explore the decks of this Natural, floating historic Landmark. You can see what life was like on sea back in the day, and how sailors challenged the rough oceans and more.
- Harbor Tours– The boat is a fast, stabled, sheltered, and was made specifically for harbor excursions and sight-seeing. Also, the open upper deck offers a full panorama of the water and the sky.
There are 3 restaurants on Pier 21:
- Fisherman’s Wharf,
- Olympia Grill
- Willie G’s Seafood and Steaks
They all have seafood, steak and more. No matter which restaurant you choose to go t, it will be worth it cause all of their food is amazingly delicious.
As you can see there LOTS of things to do on Pier 21. It’s a wonderful place to go to spend time with friends or family, obtain knowledge, and just have fun.